Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 1, 2012

September Foodie Pen Pal

Talk about being a MAJOR space cadet! So today we were supposed to post about our Foodie Pen Pal and I TOTALLY a spaced on publishing my post. I must have REALLY been enjoying the beautiful weather either way, here is the break down of the awesome stuff I got from a lovely Blog Reader Kristin! Here's a peak into what she got me...

First off, how cute is this wrapping????

SOOO many goodies!!! I <3 FPP!!
So I am seriously loving this FPP business! It's like they have eyes into my soul!! :) Every thing Kristin sent was spot on! Hubs is LOVING the PB2, I haven't tried it yet, but I look forward to.  Honey is ALWAYS a staple at our house, so I was stoked to find it in my package. The seasoning is waiting for a fun crockpot night. I'll be sure to post a recipe once I get to it. The fruit strips were gone within a blink of an eye and the organic bar is packed in the purse for a quick snack on the go. The tea??? Well it's like she took two of my favorite types of tea (fruit and rooibos) and married them and sent them to me. All in all I can say that FPP is probably my favorite thing in the whole world right now. THANK YOU Kristin!!!!!

Oh and by the way, did you see the beautiful card she sent me??? I wish that was in my backyard... *sigh*

Now, I bet YOU want in!! No problem, check below for details!!



The Lean Green Bean

Here are the Foodie Penpals details:
  • On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
  • You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
  • The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
  • You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
  • Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
  • Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
  • If you’re new and interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
  • You must submit your information by October 4th as pairings will be emailed on October 5th! You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours if you sign up. IF YOU DON’T GET ONE, send an email to Lindsay at theleangreenbean@gmail.com!

Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Following you on GFC from the GFC blog hop. Thanks for co-hosting. I'd love it if you could visit my site and follow back! Thank you! http://menopausalmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've heard of a foodie pen pal. Sounds pretty sweet! I love to eat. :)

    Newest follower here! Linking up from the GFC Hop. Hope you've had a great Monday!

    xo
    Bonnie
    www.alittleunhinged.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from the GFC Blog hop!
    www.dayslikethisone.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. newest follower from the GFC hop! cant wait to hear from you!!

    xoxo - kyie
    www.kandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this foodie pen pal idea! One of the downsides of local food is having to travel to try it - sounds like this is the solution!
    Newest follower from the GFC hop!

    andtwinsmakefour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. good day! i'm your new follower from gfc blog hop... hoping for a follow back!

    http://merdinein.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm a new follower from the GFC blog hop. Would love for you to stop by when you get a chance! :)

    www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. FOllowing from the hop!
    http://www.funnypregnantlady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joining your blog from the GFC hop. :-)
    Marci...www.lifewithjoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you from the GFC blog hop. Can't wait to keep reading!

    www.thekrazylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi following from the GFC blog hop. Your blog is lovely i can't wait to read more.

    www.akachymecindy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI i'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop, would love for you to stop by and follow back? excited to see whats to come
    Erica
    www.ericastartwalking.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there Tania

    Excited to be your newest follower from the GFC hop! Thank you for hosting, don't be a stranger :)

    -Krystal
    http://wildflowers3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower via the GFC blog hop. :) Stop by and say hello!!

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loooooove those fruit strips. We get them as a treat for our son every now and then. So yummy! Yup, they don't last long at all, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sad I just saw this today and found your blog. Can't wait to join this NEXT month!

    Teressa @ http://newbornmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've thought about trying the PB2, just haven't taken the leap yet. We usually just purchase a plain jane organic peanut butter.

    I'm following now via GFC Blog Hop.

    Stop by if you'd like!
    http://designfluff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Newest follower via GFC Blog Hop, thanks for co-hosting - follow back if you like moetalksalot.blogspot.com! I'm co-hosting a giveaway right now, check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you've had a whale of a time! Coming in on your post so late this week, guess you've waded your way through everything by now. Glad you enjoyed it - makes waiting for the parcel well worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is a great idea!

    Have a great night! Drop by thechiffondiary.com and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi There! I'm so glad I found you through the GFC hop! Thanks for co-hosting this week. I did yoga when I was pregnant and really enjoyed it. It was something that could actually force me to relax!

    Can't wait to read more!
    Deandra
    http://chaos-commotion-emotion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that is so neat! I love tea and that one looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm your newest follower from the blog hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello!

    Thank you for co-hosting the blog hop and I'm your newest follows:)


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Tania!

    Followed you from the bloghop. It'd be cool if you followed back :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Approximately 20.5 million Americans (17.2%) over age 40 have a cataract in at least one eye, and rates are expected to rise to over 30 million by 2020. Wearing sunglass, especially early in life, may reduce the risk of cataracts.


      Crystal Custom
      Promotional Sunglasses
      Promo Sunglasses
      Personalized sunglasses
      Customized sunglasses

      Delete

I love receiving your thoughts! I read each and every one and try to answer them as well. Thanks for taking the time :)