Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 6, 2012

Tingling with excitement

Photoshoots! Branding! and Websites! OH MY! I have had such a busy last few weeks its been unreal!

First off, I OFFICIALLY graduated from YTT training!! WOOHOO!! I can't wait to get the certificate in the mail so I can frame it! Second, we got the website up and running, picked up our first shipment of t-shirts, got our business cards delivered and had our first photoshoot!  To say its been CRAZY is an understatement!!!


But the clock is ticking and we are... SEVEN days away from the workshop!!! EEK! We are so so so so SO excited! We have so many awesome vendors participating with great raffles to boot! And to top it all off, i have an AWESOME group of ladies helping me out that day! Seriously, so much love and support seems un-HEARD of!! But  it's real and it's here and I'm being surrounded by it. The only thing I can think to do is stop and thank God for all my blessings!

Unfortunately, with this much excitement, its inevitable for lack of focus to arise.  Lucky for me, and those around me, I can always fall back on my trusted meditation. Now, I don't meditate the way many people view it. I don't sit there trying to "empty my mind" and pray that the thoughts will go away. Because if you know me, you know THEY WON'T!  My words are a mile a minute verbally and 1000x that mentally. What I have found that works for me is following a prayer meditation. So I sit in a quite place in my house, turn all electronics off, come to my breath and just start reciting verses from the Qu'ran.  It's like magic how my body just relaxes into it and calms down and makes me feel revived. Sounds amazing right? Well, it is!! Want to try it? Yoga Journal has a pretty good article on seated meditation. I invite you to read it and try out the technique for a week. You will be amazed at the benefits you feel from just sitting there and cutting yourself off from all the outside stimulation of cell phones, TVs, emails, whatever... Let me know how it goes. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

excited mantra prayers,
<3 T

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your thoughts! I read each and every one and try to answer them as well. Thanks for taking the time :)