Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Good place...

I am in such a good place right now.  I finished up another training last weekend. I met some wonderful people in Houston's Yoga community and got to catch up with some old yoga friends. I got to spend a week with my family while they were in town for Eid. I watched as Little Man played with his cousins, crashing toy cars, impromptu dance sessions and his favorite, chasing his older boy cousin around screaming like little boys do. It was pure bliss.

So often we have moments where we feel like everything is right in the world. Then we turn on the TV and hear about countries in political turmoil, States evacuating to avoid Storms, crazy gunmen shooting aimlessly and you suddenly feel guilty for having just been so happy. But I am here to tell you, DON'T.

Although we may not understand how the world works and why sometimes we are blessed with evil and sometimes we are blessed with good, we can not discredit what the evil teaches us. If we did not experience the evil, how would any of us understand the good that is all around us? It is important to appreciate where we are when we are in it. There is a balance to everything. Sometimes it is hard to comprehend it, but that is why it is important to always strive for more knowledge. Always keep learning. I do not mean always read text books, although I do not discredit it.  I mean, when you meet a new person, try to learn about them and how they became who they are.  When you eat a new dish, try to understand the different flavors that were combined to make that one perfect bite (or if it wsn't your flavor, try to pinpoint what flavor exactly you are not digging). When you hear a new song, try to figure out what the artist was intending when he/she was creating.

Whatever it is you learn, you will find in time that you will start to enjoy the little every day tasks so much more because you have realized what is has taught you and what it can teach you. Even something as simple as washing dishes can go from a chore to a fun game of order and efficiency. With time you will begin to find your good place and the good that can come out of anything that you once thought was negative.

The dangerous yet beautiful rocks of the Pacific Ocean |  Cabo, Mexico

I know that some of you may not agree with me and that is good. The fact that we can peacefully disagree is part of all the beauty around us.  Although I may not always have been this way, I now like to live my life looking to the future reciting... There is beauty in everything, sometimes you just might have to work harder to find it...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your thoughts! I read each and every one and try to answer them as well. Thanks for taking the time :)