Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Liebster Award

So, we are super excited to announce that the totally AWESOME Bolu by Rima has nominated our little blog for a <<Liebster Award>>!!


We are so stoked to have even been on Rima's radar since she blogs all the way in the warmth of Sunny Southern California. If you haven't checked her out yet, you should zip on over there and send her some love because she is hi.lar.i.ous!  So, what is a Liebster Award you ask??
Photobucket

The Liebster is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers and it's meant to be a nice, welcoming way to get to know each other in this lovely little blogging community.

So here are the rules:
1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you plus you MUST create a set of 11 new questions for the people you will nominate.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
5. Absolutely No tag backs.
6. Remember to only tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.

11 Random Facts about me in 5..4..3..2..

  1. I am the youngest of 4 girls
  2. To this day I have no clue how to pronounce "rinse" and I am ALWAYS getting slack about it from hubsman and friends
  3. I have a Masters in Accounting and do not plan to go back and use it... 
  4. I do not regret my masters because it's helped me out alot with setting up Mind, Body, & Soul Yoga
  5.   Hubsman and I have been together for going on 10 years!! 
  6. I have a horrible fear of robbers (yes I still call them robbers...)
  7. I am a grandma driver
  8. But if a Hummer wasn't so inefficient and a huge carbon footprint I would drive one in a heartbeat (It climbs WALLS y'all... WALLS!!!!)
  9. Almost ANYTHING can make me cry
  10.  I have freakish strength
  11. I did a study abroad in Spain in college and would DIE to move back there... *sigh*

And now, here are Rima's questions and my answers... enjoy!

  1. If you can choose an animal to represent yourself, what would it be and why?  Man, she started this off with a tough one! I guess it would have to be a wild cat.. any kind. They are beautiful, majestic, strong and so intelligent!!
  2. Favorite Dish to Make? Share a recipe with me! I wanna try *wink wink* My newest favorite recipe is my Mint Cacao Lover Smoothie. It is SOOOO good and so good for you!!  That is such a rare combo!!
  3. Tell me a little about your town/city. Do you love living there or are you dying to move out of there?!  I absolutely L.O.V.E. Houston! It is such a diverse city, which is very important to me. My parents came from different ethnic and religious backgrounds, and met here in Houston. If it weren't for this city, I would never have been born!!
  4. What is your ethnicity background? I LOVE to meet people with variable ethnic backgrounds. I think every ethnicity has their own awesomeness. This is a fun one :) My father is 100% Palestinian (he lived there until college) and my mother was born and raised in Peru (she moved away for college as well. See #3) but is of Spanish/Italian heritage.
  5. What are you obsessing right now? It could be weird. Weirder the better for me.  Honestly? With figuring out how to make super flavorful meals that are healthy for you. Especially ones that are a healthy version of a super not healthy favorite (i.e. my fudgy brownies... I'll be posting a recipe soon!)
  6. If timing was allowed, list 5 things you would save out of your house if there's a natural disaster. I am going to assume that my husband and son are ok, so after that it would be: Water, skin care, purse, clean underwear and toothpaste. Boring right?? lol! But I am a freak about all of the above!!! Plus I am assuming everything is getting destroyed so what would I need to survive... and yes moisturizer/SPF is necessary to survive!! At least for my survival :)
  7. Every girl loves to dream about that perfect proposal... How do you describe your perfect proposal? Or if you're married or engaged, who did the Mr. did it? Oh man this is a fun story... so we were going out to dinner for our anniversary but I had eaten a late lunch with my parents earlier and was really not hungry. So, all through dinner he was grumpy and I was feeling bad for ruining dinner.  After dinner he asked me what I wanted to do, and me, feeling guilty said whatever he wanted.  So we drove around for a bit and finally decided on checking out a local garden that was attached to a super nice restaurant because I had never been there and he said i just had to see it. So we went there and were walking around the gardens when he suddenly became obsessive with a group of people who were standing in the gazebo (this is really weird behavior for hubsman because he is sooooooo chill). I was getting tripped out by it and was starting to get irritated when they left and he quickly suggested we go check out the gazebo.  I was still in pleasing mode so I said sure. When we got there I sat down while he proceeded to kinda look around (again not in his nature, but somehow i still had no idea what was up). We were chatting about our week when he suddenly noticed a trinket and started talking about it.  "Hey! I wonder what that is! You should go take a look"
    "No, I'm fine"
    "Do you know what it is?"
    "No, but its not mine either so its fine."
    "But it looks cool, just go look at it."
    "Really, why are you being weird, its not ours so just leave it."
    "I just want to see what it is" *proceeds to go to the trinket which was a glass bottle with a paper inside.* Oh cool! Look at this! You should check it out"
    "Seriously! Just put it down, its not ours and we shouldn't be touching it."
    "Why don't you just take a look at it!"
    "UGH! Why? You are being so weird! Just leave it!"
    "Just look!"
    "Fine! But you have to put it away!!!" *I proceeded to take the paper away from his hand and began to read it.* I did not get past the word "Tania" when my eyes filled with tears and everything started spinning. I was sobbing uncontrollably to a smiling and unsure hubs-man who was at that point on one knee with the ring. I, of course, said a very teary-eyed "yes". Then I was prompted "Are you even going to look at the ring" to which point i laughed, said "Oh!" and looked at the beautiful ring he had apparently purchased for me from the first time we went ring shopping and I had fallen in love with it. My story always makes me laugh!
  8. What's the best thing since sliced bread? SMOOTHIES!!! the possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!
  9. What's one beauty item that you can not live without? Moisturizer without a doubt! See #6 :)
  10. Who's your favorite band/singer of all time? NO DOUBT!!! September 25th BABY!
  11. If you're only able to watch one movie for the rest of you life, what would it be? This is a tie between 13 Going on 30  and Disney's Cinderella :)  I have seen them both like a million times, although one lazy summer day I did watch Cinderella 5 times in a row...
Ok so now that I have answered those, it's time for my nominees and their 11 questions... 

The nominees are...


"Adventures of Josh & Britt"
Photobucket
[Britt]
 












"Franishh"
[DSC06416.JPG]
[Franziska]















"Taylor Brione: The Black Barbie"
[Taylor]










"J-Fit"
[156332_855261167897_29600708_45739682_1362419_n.jpg] 
[Jaime]


"Country Roots City Living"
 
[Lins]

And now for my 11 questions!!

  1. Why did you decide to start blogging and keep on blogging?
  2. What is your dream job?
  3. What is your ultimate fitness goal?
  4. If you were told that you had to pick one exercise and you could only do that to stay fit for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
  5. What is your favorite city in the world and why?
  6. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
  7. What is your favorite health food snack option?
  8. If you were told you were only able to choose one cheat food for the rest of your life (the rest HAD to be healthy) what would you pick?
  9. Who do you admire most?
  10. What do you do to keep a balance in your life?
  11. What is your favorite book of all time and why?
One last thing, I wanted to also thank the ladies above that I have nominated.  If you did not have your blog and I hadn't found it and enjoyed it, I would still be looking for nominees.  And since now I get to go to sleep, you guys are even more awesome in my book!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your thoughts! I read each and every one and try to answer them as well. Thanks for taking the time :)